At the Enigma Room, we host real life escape games which are fun and engaging live action activities which take place in our specially designed escape rooms. Suited for small groups of 2-6 people, you and your team will be given a back story that includes an objective, and you will only have 60 minutes to complete your mission and escape the room. To do all that, you will need to work as a team to solve a series of puzzles that will test your logic, lateral thinking and ingenuity.
We have a variety of puzzles planted in our rooms. These include puzzles that require your powers of observation, some that involve scientific phenomena, some that need a bit of logic and deduction, and some that require a little physical skill.
Escape games are an all inclusive activity that require no special skills or tools, except the most powerful tool you already have - your brain!
Here is a simple example:
You and your team are corporate spies and you've managed to break in to a rival's business to try to steal their super secret formula, but you've been trapped in by the office security system! You know the police will arrive within the hour, but you've come all this way and you're not leaving without the formula, so you start your search. You see a desk, a computer, a bookshelf and a filing cabinet. You need the right password to unlock the computer, but what is it?
- You all frantically search the room and a team mate finds a key taped underneath the chair.
- The key unlocks the filing cabinet, and it's filled to the brim with files. Which file do you open?
- On the desk there is a photo frame with a picture of a young family. They're standing in front of "John's Fish and Chips".
- Another look in the filing cabinet reveals a file for "John's Fish and Chips".
- Inside that is a post-it-note with the phrase, "Chish and Fips".
- You try typing that in to the computer... success! The formula is yours!
- But now you've done that, how do you escape? That's a whole new challenge in itself and the clock is counting down...
For more on escape rooms, puzzles and our design philosophy, visit our blog.
If you still have questions, take a look at our FAQ or contact us.